A video of a little girl dancing in her church choir is going viral for its uplifting spirit. After Jennifer Patterson shared a recording on Facebook of her 6-year-old daughter, Loren Patterson, breaking it down in front of all her fellow churchgoers at a recent Sunday service at First Baptist Church in Dickson, Tennessee, the clip quickly began to make the Internet rounds.
“Loren singing in choir this morning,” Patterson captioned the heartwarming post. “In case you can’t find her she’s the one in pink and brown.”
The video shows Loren truly letting loose as the choir performs a rendition of Zach Williams’ “Old Church Choir” and has been watched more than 50 million times since Oct. 29. “LOVE IT!!! I’m laughing and crying,” wrote one delighted viewer. “I been singing that song all week. Loren is doin what she feels… we [could] all benefit from a dose of that!!!”
In an interview with TODAY, Jennifer explained that she has received numerous messages from those who found Loren’s carefree dance moves inspiring. “I’ve had a lot of stories,” she said. “Different people dealing with cancer or hard times, people losing their parents recently.”
Watch the full video above.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.