A video of a little girl dancing in her church choir is going viral for its uplifting spirit. After Jennifer Patterson shared a recording on Facebook of her 6-year-old daughter, Loren Patterson, breaking it down in front of all her fellow churchgoers at a recent Sunday service at First Baptist Church in Dickson, Tennessee, the clip quickly began to make the Internet rounds.
“Loren singing in choir this morning,” Patterson captioned the heartwarming post. “In case you can’t find her she’s the one in pink and brown.”
The video shows Loren truly letting loose as the choir performs a rendition of Zach Williams’ “Old Church Choir” and has been watched more than 50 million times since Oct. 29. “LOVE IT!!! I’m laughing and crying,” wrote one delighted viewer. “I been singing that song all week. Loren is doin what she feels… we [could] all benefit from a dose of that!!!”
In an interview with TODAY, Jennifer explained that she has received numerous messages from those who found Loren’s carefree dance moves inspiring. “I’ve had a lot of stories,” she said. “Different people dealing with cancer or hard times, people losing their parents recently.”
Watch the full video above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org