President Donald Trump addressed the deadly mass shooting at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas on Sunday, denouncing it as a “horrible act of evil.”
At least 26 people died and 20 others injured when a gunman opened fire on the church during a Sunday service. The dead ranged in age from 5 to 72 years old.
Speaking from Japan, where the President is on the second day of a 12-day Asia trip, Trump called for unity, appealing to Americans to “join hands” and “stand strong” in the face of adversity.
Read Trump’s full statement below:
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time