Stephen Colbert has some suggestions for President Donald Trump’s official apparel if they want to really take on the full Halloween spirit.
In a video segment shared Wednesday night, the Late Show with Stephen Colbert made pointed updates to the Trump merchandise site. They started off by lampooning the new pumpkin-themed Make America Great Again hats that the site is now hawking for the holiday, at $45 a pop. (They’re actually sold out already online.)
“Buy one and your friends will get a fright realizing you support a man who said there were some good Nazis,” the Colbert piece joked. They also threw in some made-up merch of their own: The “ghastly remains of the dead GOP health care bills” and a “terrifying shrunken head” featuring Attorney General Jeff Sessions, for instance. Finally, as a last-minute costume idea, they suggest dressing up as the “twins from The Shining” in ribbon-belted green dresses — but with the faces of Trump’s two sons.
This is not the first time Trump’s site has gotten into a holiday spirit and decided to sell themed seasonal apparel. For St. Patrick’s Day, they offered a green hat featuring a four-leafed clover instead of a three-leafed clover, which was considered something of a faux pas.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow