Stephen Colbert has some suggestions for President Donald Trump’s official apparel if they want to really take on the full Halloween spirit.
In a video segment shared Wednesday night, the Late Show with Stephen Colbert made pointed updates to the Trump merchandise site. They started off by lampooning the new pumpkin-themed Make America Great Again hats that the site is now hawking for the holiday, at $45 a pop. (They’re actually sold out already online.)
“Buy one and your friends will get a fright realizing you support a man who said there were some good Nazis,” the Colbert piece joked. They also threw in some made-up merch of their own: The “ghastly remains of the dead GOP health care bills” and a “terrifying shrunken head” featuring Attorney General Jeff Sessions, for instance. Finally, as a last-minute costume idea, they suggest dressing up as the “twins from The Shining” in ribbon-belted green dresses — but with the faces of Trump’s two sons.
This is not the first time Trump’s site has gotten into a holiday spirit and decided to sell themed seasonal apparel. For St. Patrick’s Day, they offered a green hat featuring a four-leafed clover instead of a three-leafed clover, which was considered something of a faux pas.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer