Stephen Colbert has some suggestions for President Donald Trump’s official apparel if they want to really take on the full Halloween spirit.
In a video segment shared Wednesday night, the Late Show with Stephen Colbert made pointed updates to the Trump merchandise site. They started off by lampooning the new pumpkin-themed Make America Great Again hats that the site is now hawking for the holiday, at $45 a pop. (They’re actually sold out already online.)
“Buy one and your friends will get a fright realizing you support a man who said there were some good Nazis,” the Colbert piece joked. They also threw in some made-up merch of their own: The “ghastly remains of the dead GOP health care bills” and a “terrifying shrunken head” featuring Attorney General Jeff Sessions, for instance. Finally, as a last-minute costume idea, they suggest dressing up as the “twins from The Shining” in ribbon-belted green dresses — but with the faces of Trump’s two sons.
This is not the first time Trump’s site has gotten into a holiday spirit and decided to sell themed seasonal apparel. For St. Patrick’s Day, they offered a green hat featuring a four-leafed clover instead of a three-leafed clover, which was considered something of a faux pas.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023