After Sasse tweeted a reference to the conspiracy theory that links Cruz’s father to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in response to a user who wrote, “If I were sitting with the son of the guy who killed Kennedy I might do worse than spill some Dr. Pepper,” Cruz supplied a viral joke of his own.
“Full disclosure: I was wearing my ‘Lee Harvey Oswald Was Framed’ t-shirt,” Sasse wrote, prompting Cruz to post a photo of one of the Zodiac Killer’s infamous coded letters. This was a reference to the long-running — but completely unsubstantiated — rumor that Cruz himself is the unidentified serial killer.
The Internet, of course, couldn’t keep it together in the wake of his mock confession. “We had a good run, y’all – the Internet was fun – but it is done now,” one user wrote in reply.
See some of the best responses below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating