While Beyoncé blessed us with a beautiful first look at her one-month-old twins, Sir and Rumi last Friday morning, it was her mother, Ms. Tina Lawson, who kindly provided the Internet with some extra information about the brand-new babies’ gender. Now, it looks like Ms. Tina has some new insights to share about the most famous twins in the world — this time, about the name of baby girl Rumi.
In an Instagram posted on Sunday, Ms. Tina published a picture of poetry by 13th century Persian poet Rumi, along with a caption that sagely explained that the poetry was “not only beautiful but logical.” Longtime members of Beyoncé’s fan base the BeyHive will remember that Beyoncé is a fan of poetry — so much so that she used poet Warsan Shire’s poetry as an integral part of her Lemonade album, which means there’s a pretty good chance that little Rumi’s name may have been inspired the poet.
See Ms. Tina’s Instagram post below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time