In an interview with Ariana Huffington during a marathon live stream that Perry did as promotion for her new album Witness, the pop princess said that she wanted to make amends with Swift, noting that she was “ready to let it go. Absolutely, 100 percent. I forgive her, and I’m sorry for anything I ever did, and I hope the same from her.”
Later, at an outdoor concert that Perry held for her fans at the conclusion of the live stream, she performed “Swish Swish,” but changed the lyrics of the first line from “Don’t you come for me,” swapping it out for “God bless you on your journey, oh baby girl.”
Asked if the song was actually about Swift as some fans speculated, Perry said it wasn’t. “No, it’s not about anyone in particular,” Perry said on the Today show. “And I’ve said that on the record.”
Could the feud between Perry and Swift finally over? If Perry was indeed offering a sentiment, looks like she’s ready to bury the hatchet.
Watch the full clip below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms