In an interview with Ariana Huffington during a marathon live stream that Perry did as promotion for her new album Witness, the pop princess said that she wanted to make amends with Swift, noting that she was “ready to let it go. Absolutely, 100 percent. I forgive her, and I’m sorry for anything I ever did, and I hope the same from her.”
Later, at an outdoor concert that Perry held for her fans at the conclusion of the live stream, she performed “Swish Swish,” but changed the lyrics of the first line from “Don’t you come for me,” swapping it out for “God bless you on your journey, oh baby girl.”
Asked if the song was actually about Swift as some fans speculated, Perry said it wasn’t. “No, it’s not about anyone in particular,” Perry said on the Today show. “And I’ve said that on the record.”
Could the feud between Perry and Swift finally over? If Perry was indeed offering a sentiment, looks like she’s ready to bury the hatchet.
Watch the full clip below.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World