Following Sean Spicer’s incorrect claim — for which he has since apologized — that Adolf Hitler did not use chemical weapons during World War II, Jimmy Kimmel blasted the White House press secretary with a parody of his internal monologue during the Tuesday press conference.
In a clip for Tuesday night’s episode of Live!, the host imagined what was going through Spicer’s mind as he compared Hitler to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. “Did I just defend Hitler? I think I did. Why did I even do that? Why even bring up the Holocaust?,” Kimmel envisioned Spicer asking himself. “At press secretary school, the one rule was “never defend Hitler.'”
Watch the video above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment