Chrissy Teigen thinks motherhood should be a choice.
“I think it’s really commendable to even doubt the process out loud, ” she said of the expectation on women to become mothers, “because I don’t feel like people should be pressured to have children.”
Since becoming a mother, Teigen has been vocal about coping with postpartum depression. She offered advice to women in similar situations. “Know that there’s a light on the other side,” she said. “Just when you think it’s really, really bad, it’s going to get better. So hopefully, if you’re going through something tough you can find some peace in knowing that.”
Teigen is now looking ahead and is busy with numerous projects, including a cookbook and the new season of TV show Lip Sync Battle.
“I feel like everything’s coming together really well right now, so I’m feeling really good,” she said. “I’m in a much better place!”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science