In a Facebook post shared Thursday afternoon, the social media giant’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced that he and wife Priscilla Chan are expecting a second daughter, joining their one-year-old daughter Max and, of course, their dog Beast.
“After our difficult experience having Max, we weren’t sure what to expect or whether we’d be able to have another child,” he wrote. “When Priscilla and I first found out she was pregnant again, our first hope was that the child would be healthy. My next hope was that it would be a girl. I cannot think of a greater gift than having a sister and I’m so happy Max and our new child will have each other,” he continued. He grew up with three sisters, while Chan was one of three sisters.
“We can’t wait to welcome our new little one and do our best to raise another strong woman,” he concluded.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science