In a Facebook post shared Thursday afternoon, the social media giant’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced that he and wife Priscilla Chan are expecting a second daughter, joining their one-year-old daughter Max and, of course, their dog Beast.
“After our difficult experience having Max, we weren’t sure what to expect or whether we’d be able to have another child,” he wrote. “When Priscilla and I first found out she was pregnant again, our first hope was that the child would be healthy. My next hope was that it would be a girl. I cannot think of a greater gift than having a sister and I’m so happy Max and our new child will have each other,” he continued. He grew up with three sisters, while Chan was one of three sisters.
“We can’t wait to welcome our new little one and do our best to raise another strong woman,” he concluded.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve