“Trump lies more in one press conference than CNN does in a year — and that’s coming from a guy who hates CNN,” Stewart said.
Stewart said Trump lies on purpose. “You wanna know how I know how? Because he constantly says the phrase ‘believe me,'” Stewart said. “Nobody says ‘believe me’ unless they are lying.”
When Colbert asked what Stewart thought of Trump’s White House excluding members from news outlets like CNN, The New York Times, Politico and others from a daily briefing last week, the former Daily Show host addressed his critique to the media.
“It is time for you to get your groove back, media. Because let’s face facts, you kind of let yourself go a little bit for these past few years,” he said. “You put on a few pundits. Obsessing, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, about this one guy.”
Watch the clip above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at email@example.com