“Trump lies more in one press conference than CNN does in a year — and that’s coming from a guy who hates CNN,” Stewart said.
Stewart said Trump lies on purpose. “You wanna know how I know how? Because he constantly says the phrase ‘believe me,'” Stewart said. “Nobody says ‘believe me’ unless they are lying.”
When Colbert asked what Stewart thought of Trump’s White House excluding members from news outlets like CNN, The New York Times, Politico and others from a daily briefing last week, the former Daily Show host addressed his critique to the media.
“It is time for you to get your groove back, media. Because let’s face facts, you kind of let yourself go a little bit for these past few years,” he said. “You put on a few pundits. Obsessing, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, about this one guy.”
Watch the clip above.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World