Actors like Natalie Portman, Ryan Gosling and Whoopi Goldberg and others read some of the meanest tweets about themselves during the ceremony.
“Feel like if you went to lunch with Natalie Portman she would only order a hot tea with lemon and maybe some toast. Definitely not an entree though,” Portman read aloud, before revealing her pregnant belly to the camera and whispering, “You are wrong.”
Gosling’s mean tweet appeared to compliment him at first before veering into an insult.
“Oh, look at me…I’m Ryan Gosling, I have perfect bone structure and kind eyes,” he read. “Go f-ck yourself Ryan Gosling.”
Goldberg was less than impressed with a tweet comparing her to armpit hair. “Really? That’s it?” she asked.
Eddie Redmayne received one of the grosser messages: “Dear Eddie Redmayne, I hate your stinking guts, you make me vomit, you’re the scum between my toes. Love, Zhenya.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time