Actors like Natalie Portman, Ryan Gosling and Whoopi Goldberg and others read some of the meanest tweets about themselves during the ceremony.
“Feel like if you went to lunch with Natalie Portman she would only order a hot tea with lemon and maybe some toast. Definitely not an entree though,” Portman read aloud, before revealing her pregnant belly to the camera and whispering, “You are wrong.”
Gosling’s mean tweet appeared to compliment him at first before veering into an insult.
“Oh, look at me…I’m Ryan Gosling, I have perfect bone structure and kind eyes,” he read. “Go f-ck yourself Ryan Gosling.”
Goldberg was less than impressed with a tweet comparing her to armpit hair. “Really? That’s it?” she asked.
Eddie Redmayne received one of the grosser messages: “Dear Eddie Redmayne, I hate your stinking guts, you make me vomit, you’re the scum between my toes. Love, Zhenya.”
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body