Actors like Natalie Portman, Ryan Gosling and Whoopi Goldberg and others read some of the meanest tweets about themselves during the ceremony.
“Feel like if you went to lunch with Natalie Portman she would only order a hot tea with lemon and maybe some toast. Definitely not an entree though,” Portman read aloud, before revealing her pregnant belly to the camera and whispering, “You are wrong.”
Gosling’s mean tweet appeared to compliment him at first before veering into an insult.
“Oh, look at me…I’m Ryan Gosling, I have perfect bone structure and kind eyes,” he read. “Go f-ck yourself Ryan Gosling.”
Goldberg was less than impressed with a tweet comparing her to armpit hair. “Really? That’s it?” she asked.
Eddie Redmayne received one of the grosser messages: “Dear Eddie Redmayne, I hate your stinking guts, you make me vomit, you’re the scum between my toes. Love, Zhenya.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science