Like Amazon and Yahoo, auction website eBay is one of those old guard Internet companies that’s still having a big impact today. On Thursday, eBay celebrates its 20th birthday, meaning it’s a great time to look back at the site’s history.
Check out the infographic below for more on how eBay started and what’s happened since, —. There’s fun facts, too: Did you know, for instance, a pair of shoes is sold every two seconds in the U.S.?
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body