Owner Joe Marin said business has “tripled” since the security video apparently showing the singer and a friend disrespecting perfectly good donuts and dissing America.
The boost in visitors hasn’t taken away from Marin’s anger over the incident. He said Grande’s lowly behavior had made him “furious.” In a review of the video, which he said he has sent to local authorities, Marin said he noticed Grande had spit on powdered donuts, though she licked frosted ones. “A customer out there could have got sick,” Marin said.
Grande has since apologized for the America-bashing portion of the incident, saying in part that she’s “EXTREMELY proud to be an American.” Marin, however, says the singer hasn’t reached out to him to apologize.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out