Martha Stewart has apparently mellowed on Gwyneth Paltrow.
After repeatedly taking aim at the woman behind Goop, Stewart now tells Us Weekly: “I looked at some of her product the other day, I thought it was interesting.” Well, “interesting” seems better than a photo spread coyly mocking Paltrow’s divorce.
But what about Stewart’s opinions on other celeb lifestyle operations? According to her comments to Us, Stewart gives thumbs up to Jessica Alba and Blake Lively—though she also uses that same word, “interesting,” in reference to Lively. Lively has flaunted her friendship with Stewart in the pages of Vogue. As for Reese Witherspoon’s new Southern-themed venture, Draper James? Stewart hasn’t seen it yet.
Here’s the full rundown:
On Lively: “I think Blake has done a good job with her site…It’s an interesting site—kind of an interesting product on it.”
On Alba: “Jessica Alba has done a very good job…She’s done a good job, and I think she means very well especially in terms of children’s products.”
On Paltrow: “Gwyneth is developing her site…I looked at some of her product the other day, I thought it was interesting.”
On Witherspoon: “Oh, she did? I didn’t see that! How great! What is she doing?…I don’t know Reese, I’ve never met her, but I’m sure she’ll do a good job.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State