There’s a new Hamburglar in town and he’s either surprisingly attractive or totally unnerving depending on who you talk to.
According to a spokesperson for McDonald’s, the Hamburglar’s return, tied to the Sirloin Third Pound Burger, comes after an extended hiatus. He was “last seen on national television in 2002.” But you may not initially recognize him—and it’s not because his disguise has gotten any better. The revitalized Hamburglar has a human form, a thin layer of scruff and some sleek duds. He also has a family, a fact McDonald’s has already teased.
McDonald’s’ Vice President of U.S. Marketing Joel Yashinsky said in a statement to Mashable that this Hamburglar has “had some time to grow up a bit and has been busy raising a family in the suburbs and his look has evolved over time.”
To some that look is: “DILF.”
To others that look is “creepy.”
To others it’s simply ripe for various jokes, some hipster-related.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time