There’s a new Hamburglar in town and he’s either surprisingly attractive or totally unnerving depending on who you talk to.
According to a spokesperson for McDonald’s, the Hamburglar’s return, tied to the Sirloin Third Pound Burger, comes after an extended hiatus. He was “last seen on national television in 2002.” But you may not initially recognize him—and it’s not because his disguise has gotten any better. The revitalized Hamburglar has a human form, a thin layer of scruff and some sleek duds. He also has a family, a fact McDonald’s has already teased.
McDonald’s’ Vice President of U.S. Marketing Joel Yashinsky said in a statement to Mashable that this Hamburglar has “had some time to grow up a bit and has been busy raising a family in the suburbs and his look has evolved over time.”
To some that look is: “DILF.”
To others that look is “creepy.”
To others it’s simply ripe for various jokes, some hipster-related.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears