There’s a new Hamburglar in town and he’s either surprisingly attractive or totally unnerving depending on who you talk to.
According to a spokesperson for McDonald’s, the Hamburglar’s return, tied to the Sirloin Third Pound Burger, comes after an extended hiatus. He was “last seen on national television in 2002.” But you may not initially recognize him—and it’s not because his disguise has gotten any better. The revitalized Hamburglar has a human form, a thin layer of scruff and some sleek duds. He also has a family, a fact McDonald’s has already teased.
McDonald’s’ Vice President of U.S. Marketing Joel Yashinsky said in a statement to Mashable that this Hamburglar has “had some time to grow up a bit and has been busy raising a family in the suburbs and his look has evolved over time.”
To some that look is: “DILF.”
To others that look is “creepy.”
To others it’s simply ripe for various jokes, some hipster-related.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now