The 143rd year of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, brought all the anticipated fun, competition and barking of years past. More than 3,000 dogs from 204 breeds competed in the club’s weeklong series of events. 2019’s season also introduced two new breeds to the competition—the Nederlandse Kooikerhondje and the Grand Basset Griffon Vendeen, in the sporting and hound groups, respectively. If these names are unfamiliar to you, fear not: From terriers and sheepdogs to cocker spaniels and golden retrievers, your favorite dog was probably represented at this year’s competition.
Dog people. Run, don’t walk. Here are photos of some of the 2019 Westminster Dog Show’s best moments.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer