The 143rd year of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, brought all the anticipated fun, competition and barking of years past. More than 3,000 dogs from 204 breeds competed in the club’s weeklong series of events. 2019’s season also introduced two new breeds to the competition—the Nederlandse Kooikerhondje and the Grand Basset Griffon Vendeen, in the sporting and hound groups, respectively. If these names are unfamiliar to you, fear not: From terriers and sheepdogs to cocker spaniels and golden retrievers, your favorite dog was probably represented at this year’s competition.
Dog people. Run, don’t walk. Here are photos of some of the 2019 Westminster Dog Show’s best moments.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow