If you’re a fan of dogs — and frankly, who isn’t — The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is like Christmas in February. Breeds of all shapes, sizes and colors strut their stuff, all in hopes of being named Best in Show.
But the real treat at the Westminster Dog Show happens behind the scenes, where the dogs get primped and polished before making their big entrances. Thankfully, plenty of photographers are on hand at Westminster to take you back stage, delivering adorable images of dogs getting groomed to look their best and wow the judges.
Here are some of our favorite images of Westminster Dog Show contestants getting the star treatment, including Biggie the Pug, who won the 2018 toy group.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving