A collection by 12-year-old digital artist and our first Artist-in-Residence, Nyla Hayes, Long Neckie Women of the Year features 1,000 unique pieces in the style of Nyla’s Long Neckie Ladies and is based on TIME’s Women of the Year franchise.
TIME’s Women of the Year is the perfect franchise for Nyla’s work and her interest in representing a diverse set of women with long necks, mimicking her favorite dinosaur, the Brontosaurus. As Nyla translated each of the 100 women, she used the project as a history lesson, diving into the backgrounds of each woman through books and film.
The 100 women featured in this drop include: Coco Chanel, Amelia Earhart, Anna May Wong, Eva Perón, Frida Kahlo, Billie Holiday, China Machado, Dolores Huerta, Gloria Steinem, Indira Gandhi, Tu Youyou, Diana, Princess of Wales, Madonna, Toni Morrison, Michelle Obama, Malala Yousafzai, Pussy Riot, and Beyoncé Knowles-Carter. You can find the full list of women featured here.
Nyla’s collection includes 1,000 unique pieces of the 100 women: Each woman has one red border piece and nine white border pieces with unique backgrounds. The full suite for Frida Kahlo is shown below:
The raffle for the presale list will open on November 11, 2021 at 12pm ET, and be live for 24 hours.
The collection will mint on November 17, 2021, on nft.time.com and each piece will be priced at 0.125ETH (reflective of the artist’s youth).
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time