A defender of travelers, Hermes navigates between the mortal and the immortal, relaying messages, often disguised. As we confront the challenges of our changing world, the digital realm has offered us lifelines as well as deceptions—a place where the agent can be as important as the substance.
About the Artist
Marc Burckhardt’s paintings have been commissioned by Gucci, Porsche, Amazon, Rolling Stone, the New York Times, and Random House, among others. His gallery work includes exhibitions at Art Basel (Switzerland & Miami), Affenfaust Galerie (Hamburg), Copro Nason (LA), Mindy Solomon (FL), and the Blank Space (NY). His work has won many awards, including Gold & Silver Medals from the Society of Illustrators and Cannes Lion, as well as a Grammy for Best Limited Edition Box Set Packaging, and his paintings are in numerous private collections. A former instructor at the School of Visual Arts in NYC and Texas State University, he was named Texas State Artist by the Texas Legislature and the Commission on the Arts, and is a recipient of the prestigious Hamilton King Award.
View on OpenSea here.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve