A defender of travelers, Hermes navigates between the mortal and the immortal, relaying messages, often disguised. As we confront the challenges of our changing world, the digital realm has offered us lifelines as well as deceptions—a place where the agent can be as important as the substance.
About the Artist
Marc Burckhardt’s paintings have been commissioned by Gucci, Porsche, Amazon, Rolling Stone, the New York Times, and Random House, among others. His gallery work includes exhibitions at Art Basel (Switzerland & Miami), Affenfaust Galerie (Hamburg), Copro Nason (LA), Mindy Solomon (FL), and the Blank Space (NY). His work has won many awards, including Gold & Silver Medals from the Society of Illustrators and Cannes Lion, as well as a Grammy for Best Limited Edition Box Set Packaging, and his paintings are in numerous private collections. A former instructor at the School of Visual Arts in NYC and Texas State University, he was named Texas State Artist by the Texas Legislature and the Commission on the Arts, and is a recipient of the prestigious Hamilton King Award.
View on OpenSea here.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time