Allison Dayka is a New York artist who’s passionate about the environment and is casting light upon it, to spark thought within, and trigger action for change. Dayka was invited to TIMEPieces by Tyler Gordon.
Title: Is it Worth It?
Through the use of art and common imagery this piece is created to evoke thoughts on our current path as a civilization; are we leading ourselves to the point of no return? It is the common belief that we are the rudders within our journey, therefore remain thoughtful for which direction you steer. This piece attempts to bring to the forefront some of the various potentially destructive things we come across each day, whether physically, emotionally, socially, psychologically; or all of the above. Regardless one should be mindful of the impacts that are caused short term and long term to you individually, to the current environment and most of all the future state.
About the Artist
Every person has the ability to positively impact the world by looking within. As a result, that energy will birth a product that is organic and full of life. For Allison that is ART. Working as a creative to bring awareness to contentious topics and social norms is a role that Allison does not take lightly. Within her portfolio Allison has pieces that are both visually appealing and thought provoking. You can find a message and a story behind every item she creates.
Allison’s goal as an artist is to push the limit on what is normal regarding; techniques, color pallettes, concepts and collaborations. All of which are elements making art this “living and breathing thing” that should be constantly evolving and progressive. As a member of the art community by lineage, Allison hopes to challenge her contemporaries to take the helm in setting the craft in the right direction that is sustainably creative. er goals is to inspire her community by leaving them with a “canvas” of hope composed of the understanding that ART is life, culture, and a communication tool.
View on OpenSea here.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer