I remember watching Fruitvale Station and thinking, “Who is this kid?” Michael B. Jordan just has a presence—and an energy and a talent—that stands out. It’s refreshing. What I’ve learned about him in the short time I’ve known him has led me to admire his work ethic, his intensity and his desire for excellence. He’s a go-getter, from the roles he chooses—including his powerful portrayal of civil rights attorney Bryan Stevenson in 2019’s Just Mercy—to the way he uses his production company, Outlier Society, to push the cause of representation in Hollywood forward. He already is a force in front of the camera, but he’s going to be an even bigger force behind the scenes. When it comes to Michael, we should expect the unexpected. I’m happy to be a small part of his journey, and I can’t wait to see how it’s going to turn out. He’s the next generation, and it’s good to know we’re in good hands.
Washington is a Tony- and Academy Award-winning actor
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time