If the weight of Valentine’s Day expectations has left you paralyzed with anxiety about how to impress your main squeeze in a way that is not hopelessly clichéd, two McDonald’s outlets in Tampa, Florida, are offering locals an easy out. They’re accepting reservations for sit-down dinners on the big night. Hey, at least it’s a surprise?
To help set the mood, the restaurants are decorating tables with red tablecloths, a centerpiece of fake roses and drinking glasses imprinted with heart-shaped motifs. But wait, the romance doesn’t end there. “Once you order steak, we will bring it to you,” store manager Ernest Izquierdo told local news station WTSP.
What else is on the menu for the big night? You can order anything the store sells, from Big Macs to Mighty Wings, all for an extra 20% to cover the table service. There’s also a dessert buffet featuring apple pie, strawberry & creme pies and other sweet treats.
Just one catch. By noon Thursday, one location (on N. Dale Mabry Highway) was already booked, but the other (on Busch Blvd.) was still accepting reservations from 6 to 9 p.m. and promised us that we could order the breakfast steak for dinner, since there isn’t actually steak on the regular dinner menu. Classy.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.