If the weight of Valentine’s Day expectations has left you paralyzed with anxiety about how to impress your main squeeze in a way that is not hopelessly clichéd, two McDonald’s outlets in Tampa, Florida, are offering locals an easy out. They’re accepting reservations for sit-down dinners on the big night. Hey, at least it’s a surprise?
To help set the mood, the restaurants are decorating tables with red tablecloths, a centerpiece of fake roses and drinking glasses imprinted with heart-shaped motifs. But wait, the romance doesn’t end there. “Once you order steak, we will bring it to you,” store manager Ernest Izquierdo told local news station WTSP.
What else is on the menu for the big night? You can order anything the store sells, from Big Macs to Mighty Wings, all for an extra 20% to cover the table service. There’s also a dessert buffet featuring apple pie, strawberry & creme pies and other sweet treats.
Just one catch. By noon Thursday, one location (on N. Dale Mabry Highway) was already booked, but the other (on Busch Blvd.) was still accepting reservations from 6 to 9 p.m. and promised us that we could order the breakfast steak for dinner, since there isn’t actually steak on the regular dinner menu. Classy.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now