If the weight of Valentine’s Day expectations has left you paralyzed with anxiety about how to impress your main squeeze in a way that is not hopelessly clichéd, two McDonald’s outlets in Tampa, Florida, are offering locals an easy out. They’re accepting reservations for sit-down dinners on the big night. Hey, at least it’s a surprise?
To help set the mood, the restaurants are decorating tables with red tablecloths, a centerpiece of fake roses and drinking glasses imprinted with heart-shaped motifs. But wait, the romance doesn’t end there. “Once you order steak, we will bring it to you,” store manager Ernest Izquierdo told local news station WTSP.
What else is on the menu for the big night? You can order anything the store sells, from Big Macs to Mighty Wings, all for an extra 20% to cover the table service. There’s also a dessert buffet featuring apple pie, strawberry & creme pies and other sweet treats.
Just one catch. By noon Thursday, one location (on N. Dale Mabry Highway) was already booked, but the other (on Busch Blvd.) was still accepting reservations from 6 to 9 p.m. and promised us that we could order the breakfast steak for dinner, since there isn’t actually steak on the regular dinner menu. Classy.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time