After seeing her work in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, there’s no doubt that Julia Butters is a talented actress with a bright future on screen. The same may not be true about her future as a hairdresser.
Like much of the world, the young actor (and turkey sandwich enthusiast) is staying home during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and trying to come up with ways of staying entertained. When she ran out of other ideas for videos to share on her social media site, she decided to give her dad a haircut, since many barbershops and salons are closed to help prevent the further spread of coronavirus. For some reason, he happily agreed.
In the video, posted on Twitter, Butters steps up to the challenge armed with a pair of scissors and a set of clippers, telling her father that he’s very brave. “There’s a thin line between bravery and stupidity,” her father said as she embarked on the cut.
The haircut starts fairly tamely with Butters carefully trimming the sides and taking a little off the top. Things go downhill from there, though, with Butters deciding that her dad would look great with a checkerboard pattern shaved into his head. A few strokes of the clippers and her father is undoubtedly thrilled that social distancing provides an excuse to stay indoors and let his hair grow out.
By the end of the job, one thing is clear after this wholesome dad haircut video: Butters may be wise to stick with Hollywood.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror