This genuine instance of a human being in nature was made to be crystallized in the most enjoyable genre digital culture, the meme.
That’s because memes of reporters on-air are often popular and reflect very intense situations, it can’t just be engineered.
While it wasn’t captured on-camera, as Deion Broxton reported live from Yellowstone National Park for KTVM on Wednesday, he encountered a majestic bison herd and it was far too close for comfort.
“Oh my God. Oh my God,” Broxton said. Reasonable. “Oh no I’m not messing with you.” Wise. He then continued from a safe distance away from the large land animals.
The bison didn’t make the cut because they were off-camera. But they did break the 25-yard barrier. But just look at his eyes because his reaction to a legitimate bison herd just says it all. “They always say, ‘Stay at least 25 yards away from mammals. But that damn bison broke the 25-yard barrier and I was like, ‘I’m not dealing with this!’” Broxton told The Baltimore Sun.
This is just the latest entry in a long list of memes in which people react appropriately to an uncertain, concerning situation. Of course, people imagined it was the perfect encapsulation of frightened feelings, which could never be divorced from the current climate.
See people bond over the bison herd reaction guy meme below.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time