Disneyland shut down down last week. But that was then and this is now, with one kid’s feelings on the matter is still reverberating across social media. The moment comes courtesy of Elias Sharf, an even-keeled 12-year-old Canadian boy who just wanted to go to Disneyland, when interviewed for a local news segment, and had a lot to say about the fact that he couldn’t.
People felt instantly bonded to Elias and his calm, mature reaction to the snafu hitting his trip, so if you haven’t yet been introduced, then you are in for a treat. Please have yourself a lovely distraction as you cackle at this video.
This video has entertainment value that is clearly comparable to Disney classics like It’s a Small World, Splash Mountain, and even the Haunted Mansion. Come for the delivery of the line “took a long time to get here.” Stay for the moment he lets his soundbite land with a sip of his Starbucks.
People really felt that sip.
His status as a grown-up with a grown-up profession was recognized.
He brought cheer to the picture for one user.
His point of origin was noted.
He inspired sympathy.
He was appreciated.
His props were noted.
His life was imagined.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time