Purchased from Ryan Murphy, the creator behind American Horror Story, the home is an internet-winner.
Perhaps it’s the setup. “It’s like a treehouse. On a boat,” as she puts it. Perhaps it’s Johnson’s signature cool delivery. “This place is my anchor,” she explains.
While that definition may not apply to viewers online, the Fifty Shades of Grey star’s personal tour has certainly collected a considerable amount of admiration from Twitter.
Stay for the crystal collection, the table made of wood from Winston Churchill’s yacht that does not function, and her throwing some excellent bamboo tree shade at her neighbor.
The internet latched on to every bit of this tour through her abode for the magazine. Everywhere you look — inside and outside the peaceful two-story home — the spaces are filled with an appreciation for the natural world.
There are bamboo trees, and the citrus is abundant: There are limes, there are lemons and there are oranges.
She even imparts some advice: “I think the key to a healthy relationship is double sinks,” the actor says during the bathroom portion of the tour. She is currently dating Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
See below for the best reactions to Dakota Johnson’s house tour in Architectural Digest.
The takes continued to abound.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up