Purchased from Ryan Murphy, the creator behind American Horror Story, the home is an internet-winner.
Perhaps it’s the setup. “It’s like a treehouse. On a boat,” as she puts it. Perhaps it’s Johnson’s signature cool delivery. “This place is my anchor,” she explains.
While that definition may not apply to viewers online, the Fifty Shades of Grey star’s personal tour has certainly collected a considerable amount of admiration from Twitter.
Stay for the crystal collection, the table made of wood from Winston Churchill’s yacht that does not function, and her throwing some excellent bamboo tree shade at her neighbor.
The internet latched on to every bit of this tour through her abode for the magazine. Everywhere you look — inside and outside the peaceful two-story home — the spaces are filled with an appreciation for the natural world.
There are bamboo trees, and the citrus is abundant: There are limes, there are lemons and there are oranges.
She even imparts some advice: “I think the key to a healthy relationship is double sinks,” the actor says during the bathroom portion of the tour. She is currently dating Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
See below for the best reactions to Dakota Johnson’s house tour in Architectural Digest.
The takes continued to abound.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List