Purchased from Ryan Murphy, the creator behind American Horror Story, the home is an internet-winner.
Perhaps it’s the setup. “It’s like a treehouse. On a boat,” as she puts it. Perhaps it’s Johnson’s signature cool delivery. “This place is my anchor,” she explains.
While that definition may not apply to viewers online, the Fifty Shades of Grey star’s personal tour has certainly collected a considerable amount of admiration from Twitter.
Stay for the crystal collection, the table made of wood from Winston Churchill’s yacht that does not function, and her throwing some excellent bamboo tree shade at her neighbor.
The internet latched on to every bit of this tour through her abode for the magazine. Everywhere you look — inside and outside the peaceful two-story home — the spaces are filled with an appreciation for the natural world.
There are bamboo trees, and the citrus is abundant: There are limes, there are lemons and there are oranges.
She even imparts some advice: “I think the key to a healthy relationship is double sinks,” the actor says during the bathroom portion of the tour. She is currently dating Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
See below for the best reactions to Dakota Johnson’s house tour in Architectural Digest.
The takes continued to abound.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time