Jason Derulo is ready to eat his feelings. The singer took to TikTok to post a video showing off his baking skills. In the brief video, Derulo transforms store-bought cookie dough, Oreos, Reese’s peanut butter cups, Hershey’s cookies and cream chocolate, and Snickers bars into a delicious treat. When the delicious looking melange emerges from the oven, he digs in with a giant spoon. It is all extremely relatable in these stressful times.
Strangely, or perhaps, humbly, the TikTok video was not soundtracked by one of Derulo’s own passionate songs. Instead, it was Camille’s “Le Festin”, a song that is best known for appearing on the soundtrack to Disney Pixar’s Ratatouille. Appropriately enough, the song became the soundtrack of choice for baking videos, thanks to TikTok user ssaaggei, who baked a peach pie while the song played. As baking videos became a meme, the song traveled with it and soon enough the Ratatouille track became the song of choice for TikTok pie makers and social media bakers.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time