Jason Derulo is ready to eat his feelings. The singer took to TikTok to post a video showing off his baking skills. In the brief video, Derulo transforms store-bought cookie dough, Oreos, Reese’s peanut butter cups, Hershey’s cookies and cream chocolate, and Snickers bars into a delicious treat. When the delicious looking melange emerges from the oven, he digs in with a giant spoon. It is all extremely relatable in these stressful times.
Strangely, or perhaps, humbly, the TikTok video was not soundtracked by one of Derulo’s own passionate songs. Instead, it was Camille’s “Le Festin”, a song that is best known for appearing on the soundtrack to Disney Pixar’s Ratatouille. Appropriately enough, the song became the soundtrack of choice for baking videos, thanks to TikTok user ssaaggei, who baked a peach pie while the song played. As baking videos became a meme, the song traveled with it and soon enough the Ratatouille track became the song of choice for TikTok pie makers and social media bakers.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart