In Hulu’s streaming series reboot of High Fidelity, actor and musician Zoe Kravitz stars as record store owner and music nerd Rob, in a gender-flipped revision of John Cusack’s role from the original 2000 film. Kravitz’s casting holds a special significance since her mother, the actor Lisa Bonet, co-starred in the original film as Cusack’s intriguing and Peter Frampton-crooning love interest, musician Marie De Salle.
While Kravitz and Bonet are playing vastly different roles, there’s no denying how much Kravitz looks like her mother did in the film. In fact, the uncanny resemblance that the two share is something frequently referenced on Kravitz’s Instagram with throwback photos of her and her mother during younger days. Their status as look-alikes was riffed on in a widely-shared and very memorable advertising campaign for Calvin Klein in 2016, but might be best expressed in the photos of them together in current day.
With that in mind, here’s a look back at the 10 times that Lisa Bonet and Zoe Kravitz were basically twins.
While attending the Vanity Fair Oscars after-party in 2015
The mother and daughter posed together ahead of the Vanity Fair Oscar party.
In this throwback picture of Bonet, Lenny Kravitz, Zoe, and L.L. Cool J
Kravitz has sported a similar cropped blonde hairdo to her mother’s in this picture.
With Kravitz’s tribute to the Rolling Stone cover that Bonet shot while pregnant with her.
Bonet shot the original cover (also dubbed “The Hot Issue”) while she was 2 months pregnant with Kravitz.
When they showed up as the coolest mother-daughter duo at the 2015 InStyle awards
Kravitz and Bonet turned heads walking the red carpet at the InStyle party in 2015.
In this photo of baby photo of Kravitz
Bonet and Kravitz posed in flower crowns for this sweet snapshot.
In a throwback photo of Bonet and Lenny Kravitz from younger days.
From her braids to her nose ring, Bonet and Kravitz share a striking resemblance.
In this heartwarming photo of them from many years ago.
In this Instagram of Kravitz showing how she really felt as a kid
Mood, if there ever was one.
In this adorable family portrait that was so cool that even Beyoncé paid homage to it.
A compliment of the highest order.
At the 2018 Vanity Fair Oscars party
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll