In footage that was captured by a wildlife camera set up by environmental conservation organization Peninsula Open Space Trust (POST), a coyote and badger who appear to be palling around can be seen traveling together through a culvert under a Bay Area highway.
Neal Sharma, POST’s wildlife linkages program manager, told CNN that POST believes this is the first time that this type of behavior has been observed in the Bay Area.
“Having that interaction on film and seeing how these two different animals that lead different lives, how they interact, it’s just so exciting,” Sharma said.
The video took off after it was shared on Twitter on Monday by user Russ McSpadden, earning over 771,000 likes and 183,000 retweets as of Friday morning. It even got a shoutout from Captain America himself, Chris Evans.
“I’m choosing to believe that the coyote sounds like Michael J. Fox and the badger sounds like Sam Elliot and they’re best friends on an adventure,” Evans wrote.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror