The classic 1985 comedy Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure not only cemented the fact that The Alamo doesn’t have a basement into the minds of its audience, but it also taught people the joy and wonder of Rube Goldberg machines. The film starts with Pee-Wee Herman waking up, getting dressed, saying good morning to his dog, and beginning his breakfast routine by lighting a candle. That simple act kick starts a complicated breakfast-making machine that cracks eggs, flips pancakes, cooks bacon, and results in a smiley face breakfast that is undoubtedly the perfect way to start any day. While Pee-Wee’s Rube Goldberg machine set the bar extremely high, a new version shared online involving a ping pong ball’s journey through a house comes pretty close to meeting that standard.
In a video shared on Reddit by user taylor2121, a ping-pong ball is putted uphill on an indoor green towards a hole.
While the shot misses, the ball rolls back down the slope and sets out on a long, impressive journey. The ball bounces off two bumpers and rolls down a flight of stairs, following a path laid out for it across a ladder, three stools, a pair of Crocs, jumping across upturned pots, and finally heading down a second flight of stairs. The ball continues down, traveling a track to knock over dominoes, across a ping pong table, and rolling towards its destiny.
No spoilers, but if you’re building a Rube Goldberg machine—or playing a game of beer pong, just know the bar has been raised.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer