Wrapping gifts can sometimes feel like a test in your ability to correctly estimate the correct amount of wrapping paper in order to adequately cover the gift. Cut too much wrapping paper and you’ll end up with bulky surplus; cut too little of it and you won’t have enough to actually wrap the gift, leaving the package with gaping holes that are uncovered.
However, there’s a clever solution that the Internet has found to solve having too little paper. If your gift is too big to be covered in the wrapping paper you cut when placed conventionally (that is, horizontally or vertically,) simply turn it on the diagonal, which provides more wrapping paper to cover the gift.
See this viral gift-wrapping hack for yourself below.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time