A video shared on Instagram by user Ashley Bohl shows what can happen when Dr. Seuss’ infamous green ne’er-do-well sneaks up on children who aren’t expecting him. And the results are hilarious, for anyone who isn’t the kids in question, of course.
In the now-viral clip, a young brother and sister decked out in adorable Christmas pajamas are posing for holiday photos when the Grinch suddenly emerges from the Christmas tree backdrop behind them. After seeing who’s joined them, the siblings pop up from the chair they’re sitting in and sprint away in utter terror.
“My kids couldn’t wait to meet the Grinch this weekend! I’d say it went well,” Bohl jokingly captioned the video, which is set to the classic holiday tune “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch.”
But not to worry, the family did eventually manage to get the perfect holiday photo. Both kids are even kind of smiling — Christmas miracles do happen.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization