In a year of people not recognizing men, Keanu Reeves is one who earned a great deal of positive love. He is of course internet’s soul mate, sage, and mystic Keanu Reeves. “Call me sage. I’m made out of sage and I am a sage, so it works out pretty well,” he says in the 3D animated movie clip which prominently stars his head in the middle of a luminescent tumbleweed.
Indeed. The movie is full of hijinks along the way as SpongeBob and Patrick venture to The Lost City of Atlantic City in search of their beloved pet snail Gary who gets “snail-napped.” (Snail-napping is a pervasive problem. Look it up.)
But the internet seems to have latched onto one irresistible plot point from the trailer. Reeves’ starring role as some sort of tumbleweed spirit guide-like deity, which only made the internet ascend to a higher level of worship.
Reeves’ has a year full of iconic roles, but of course none are as important as the man, the myth and legend.
And he’s not done blessing us with viral goodness.
See the very best Keanu Reeves SpongeBob tumbleweed memes below.
People are already calling it his most breathtaking performance.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.