Greta Thunberg’s speech at the United Nations Climate Summit in September garnered widespread attention across the world — and now, the teen climate activist’s words have been immortalized in music. The British DJ Fatboy Slim sampled part of Thunberg’s speech during a performance of his song “Right Here, Right Now” over the weekend, The Guardian reports.
Fatboy Slim’s lyrics — repeated verses saying “right here, right now” — match well with part of Thunberg’s speech, in which she calls out world leaders for their inaction in the face of climate change. “We will not let you get away with this. Right here, right now is where we draw the line,” she said. “The world is waking up. And change is coming, whether you like it or not.”
The mix originally appeared online in September when the musician David Scott mashed Thunberg’s speech with the song. Fatboy Slim posted the video to his Facebook page.
Then, this month the DJ included the mash-up during a live show in Gateshead, U.K. The Guardian reports the remix opened with Thunberg’s speech as she says, “People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction. And all you can talk about is money.”
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now