The saying “15 minutes of fame” doesn’t apply to a stealth fashion show bandit who stole the show at Paris Fashion week because her moment was a bit more short-lived than that.
On Monday morning at the first Paris Fashion Week Chanel show without Karl Lagerfled, an aspiring model stormed the runway, she decided the rules of casting for the Spring 2020 show did not apply to her and simply climbed the catwalk and walked.
The woman was Marie Benoliel, a comedian who goes by the name Marie S’infiltre and commands nearly 200,000 followers on YouTube. She made it pretty far along the Grand Palais rooftop stage before Gigi Hadid and other models intervened to walk her off. In a classic Houndstooth suit, a low slung bag, and a black hat that Coco Chanel herself would have appreciated, she joined in the festivities. She posed and she smiled, and she appeared to have accomplished her mission.
It spooked Cardi B: “I loved the show. I got a little scared when the girl flew on the [runway]” she said after the show.
Security guards intervened, but this is not the first time she’s crashed a runway show. Earlier during fashion week, she also crashed the Etam show.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color