Maison Margiela is known for its avant garde designs, but the experimental clothes weren’t what captured the interest of fashion enthusiasts this season, thanks to the distinctive strut of model Leon Dame.
Dame, a German male model, closed the runway show for the iconic French fashion house and with his aggressive, determined walk, became the toast of not only Paris Fashion Week, but the Internet. Clad in a sailor suit-esque leather jacket, white briefs and matching leather sidecap and knee-high heeled boots, Dame’s look was show-stopping — and when paired with his pointed runway walk, the effect was certainly something that would not soon be forgotten.
This isn’t the first time that controversial creative director John Galliano has called on models to show off their unique gaits for Maison Margiela. In his debut collection for Margiela, Galliano sent models down the runway hunched over with major slouches.
See Dame strut his stuff, much to the delight of the Internet, below.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate