Maison Margiela is known for its avant garde designs, but the experimental clothes weren’t what captured the interest of fashion enthusiasts this season, thanks to the distinctive strut of model Leon Dame.
Dame, a German male model, closed the runway show for the iconic French fashion house and with his aggressive, determined walk, became the toast of not only Paris Fashion Week, but the Internet. Clad in a sailor suit-esque leather jacket, white briefs and matching leather sidecap and knee-high heeled boots, Dame’s look was show-stopping — and when paired with his pointed runway walk, the effect was certainly something that would not soon be forgotten.
This isn’t the first time that controversial creative director John Galliano has called on models to show off their unique gaits for Maison Margiela. In his debut collection for Margiela, Galliano sent models down the runway hunched over with major slouches.
See Dame strut his stuff, much to the delight of the Internet, below.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time