Maison Margiela is known for its avant garde designs, but the experimental clothes weren’t what captured the interest of fashion enthusiasts this season, thanks to the distinctive strut of model Leon Dame.
Dame, a German male model, closed the runway show for the iconic French fashion house and with his aggressive, determined walk, became the toast of not only Paris Fashion Week, but the Internet. Clad in a sailor suit-esque leather jacket, white briefs and matching leather sidecap and knee-high heeled boots, Dame’s look was show-stopping — and when paired with his pointed runway walk, the effect was certainly something that would not soon be forgotten.
This isn’t the first time that controversial creative director John Galliano has called on models to show off their unique gaits for Maison Margiela. In his debut collection for Margiela, Galliano sent models down the runway hunched over with major slouches.
See Dame strut his stuff, much to the delight of the Internet, below.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was