If you’re in the market for a pair of luxe kicks that look like they’ve seen better days, look no further than Maison Margiela‘s Future Destroyed high-top sneaker.
The leather sneaker from the Kanye West and Katy Perry-approved avant-garde fashion label features heavy distressing and a deconstructed design — which is to say, that the finished product looks somewhat like a pair of sneaker that’s been fed to ravenous hounds, left in the rain, and then dropped in a sandblaster for good measure.
If this aesthetic sounds appealing, take comfort in knowing that the sneakers can be yours for a hot $1,425, the price it’s retailing for at department stores like Neiman Marcus.
Apparently, looking fashionably distressed doesn’t come cheap.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve