If you’re in the market for a pair of luxe kicks that look like they’ve seen better days, look no further than Maison Margiela‘s Future Destroyed high-top sneaker.
The leather sneaker from the Kanye West and Katy Perry-approved avant-garde fashion label features heavy distressing and a deconstructed design — which is to say, that the finished product looks somewhat like a pair of sneaker that’s been fed to ravenous hounds, left in the rain, and then dropped in a sandblaster for good measure.
If this aesthetic sounds appealing, take comfort in knowing that the sneakers can be yours for a hot $1,425, the price it’s retailing for at department stores like Neiman Marcus.
Apparently, looking fashionably distressed doesn’t come cheap.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate