If you’re in the market for a pair of luxe kicks that look like they’ve seen better days, look no further than Maison Margiela‘s Future Destroyed high-top sneaker.
The leather sneaker from the Kanye West and Katy Perry-approved avant-garde fashion label features heavy distressing and a deconstructed design — which is to say, that the finished product looks somewhat like a pair of sneaker that’s been fed to ravenous hounds, left in the rain, and then dropped in a sandblaster for good measure.
If this aesthetic sounds appealing, take comfort in knowing that the sneakers can be yours for a hot $1,425, the price it’s retailing for at department stores like Neiman Marcus.
Apparently, looking fashionably distressed doesn’t come cheap.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was