“This salmon cannon transports the fish between bodies of water,” Cheddar tweeted last week.
The pressurized “fish tube” as it called is the environmentally-friendly brainchild of a company appropriately called Whooshh Innovations. Dams can block migration for salmon who need to get where they’re going, but this contraption transports live salmon through the tube and over dams in order to significantly cut down their travel time.
Witness the Whoosh salmon cannon below.
The company’s site explained the genesis of the salmon cannon thusly:
The company explains it thusly.
Even though the innovation dates back to 2011 and this particular viral fish tube video is from 2014, the Internet couldn’t stop marveling at it as it is wont to do when it comes to matters involving salmon shooting around.
It even got the Super Mario 64 edit.
It even showed up on Last Week Tonight back in 2014. And John Oliver doesn’t just talk about anything.
It may make the journey more efficient for salmon, but this tube cannot accommodate humans as people were quick to point out.
Try a water slide instead.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time