“This salmon cannon transports the fish between bodies of water,” Cheddar tweeted last week.
The pressurized “fish tube” as it called is the environmentally-friendly brainchild of a company appropriately called Whooshh Innovations. Dams can block migration for salmon who need to get where they’re going, but this contraption transports live salmon through the tube and over dams in order to significantly cut down their travel time.
Witness the Whoosh salmon cannon below.
The company’s site explained the genesis of the salmon cannon thusly:
The company explains it thusly.
Even though the innovation dates back to 2011 and this particular viral fish tube video is from 2014, the Internet couldn’t stop marveling at it as it is wont to do when it comes to matters involving salmon shooting around.
It even got the Super Mario 64 edit.
It even showed up on Last Week Tonight back in 2014. And John Oliver doesn’t just talk about anything.
It may make the journey more efficient for salmon, but this tube cannot accommodate humans as people were quick to point out.
Try a water slide instead.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears