Rihanna criticized Donald Trump’s reaction to back-to-back mass shootings in less than a day via her social media accounts on Sunday.
The singer and entrepreneur posted a screenshot of Trump’s tweet following the El Paso shooting, calling out Trump in her caption for not recognizing the incident and other recent deadly shootings like it, as terrorist attacks.
“Um…Donald, you spelt ‘terrorism’ wrong!” she wrote. “Your country had 2 terrorist attacks back to back, hours apart leaving almost 30 innocent people dead. This, just days after yet another terrorist attack in California, where a terrorist was able to LEGALLY purchase an assault rifle (AK-47) in Vegas, then drive hours to a food festival in Cali leaving 6 more people dead including a young infant baby boy! Imagine a world where it’s easier to get an AK-47 than a VISA! Imagine a world where they build a wall to keep terrorists IN AMERICA!!! My prayers and deepest condolences to the families and loved ones of all the victims and the communities affected and traumatized, from Texas, California, and Ohio! I’m so sorry for your loss! Nobody deserves to die like this! NOBODY!”
This isn’t the first time that Rihanna has condemned the president’s actions; she previously protested Trump’s immigration travel ban and reportedly sent him a cease-and-desist letter after learning that her music was being played at his political rallies.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now