Can you believe it’s August already? Apparently most newscasters can’t—even though Jimmy Kimmel tried to warn them.
It was an impressive array of shocked expressions and head shaking as if the news had come entirely out of the blue. It was a funny piece of video and a good reminder to newscasters that time stops for no one—not even local news celebrities.
After the video was released, newscasters were on notice that pointing out the passage of time is cliché. And yet, once again, when the calendar rolled to August, the news of the new month seemed to come as a complete surprise to local news anchors, many of whom, once again, expressed their dismay over the calendrical wake-up call.
So once again, Kimmel’s team jumped into action, putting together yet another mashup of some 20 or so of the nation’s finest newscasters being very surprised that it is, in fact, already August.
“Wait ’til they hear about September,” Kimmel said while showing the clip. “They’re gonna lose their minds.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating