Celine Dion has arrived to the 2019 Metropolitan Museum of Art’s annual Costume Institute Benefit and she is serving looks.
The Grammy winner told E! on the red carpet that it took some collaboration with de la Renta and his team to get the cohesive look together. “I was ready to camp and sleep all night. They said, ‘Girl, you don’t know what camp is. Oscar de la Renta’s going to show you,'” she said, according to People.
Just moments after she first arrived to Monday’s event in New York, Twitter users were shaking along with the tassels on the shiny look.
This is only the second time the singer has attended the annual ball. Her previous time as a guest of the event was in 2017. Dressed in a Versace gown, she wore a headpiece then, too.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating