According to The Independent, Clarke told the Press Association that after shedding “loads of tears” while reciting her last lines as Daenerys Targaryen, she turned to a glass of wine to try to soothe the pain of wrapping up her iconic run as the Mother of Dragons.
“That was the moment I realized that alcohol can also be a depressant,” she said. “I was kind of nursing a glass of wine going, ‘I don’t know why I’m not getting any happier from this.'”
This definitely seems like a page ripped right out of the book of Cersei, who has a glass of wine in hand more often than not while ruling over the Seven Kingdoms.
Clarke also revealed that she wandered around London aimlessly for hours after reading the Game of Thrones season 8 script for the first time. “It might as well have been raining and I would’ve just walked in it not knowing what to do,” she said.
Game of Thrones returns for its eighth and final season on April 14 and the finale is bound to be emotional for fans.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science