Much to royals fans’ chagrin, it turns out that Kate Middleton may have some questionable pizza opinions. While making pizzas with some primary school students at King Henry’s Walk community garden in north London this week, the Duchess of Cambridge revealed that she prefers bacon to pepperoni as a pizza topping.
And while that sentiment alone may not seem shocking, it was the reason behind the preference that had people up in arms. Kate Middleton apparently thinks pepperoni is “spicy.”
“Does anyone ever put bacon on a pizza? Bacon’s great,” she tells the kids in a video from the event. “Do you not think that sounds good? I quite like that actually…It’s like having pepperoni but it’s not as spicy.”
“Just found out Kate Middleton thinks pepperoni is spicy and it ruined my afternoon???” tweeted on horrified Twitter user in response. “Are there more of you out there who truly believe this???”
See some more reactions below.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time