Much to royals fans’ chagrin, it turns out that Kate Middleton may have some questionable pizza opinions. While making pizzas with some primary school students at King Henry’s Walk community garden in north London this week, the Duchess of Cambridge revealed that she prefers bacon to pepperoni as a pizza topping.
And while that sentiment alone may not seem shocking, it was the reason behind the preference that had people up in arms. Kate Middleton apparently thinks pepperoni is “spicy.”
“Does anyone ever put bacon on a pizza? Bacon’s great,” she tells the kids in a video from the event. “Do you not think that sounds good? I quite like that actually…It’s like having pepperoni but it’s not as spicy.”
“Just found out Kate Middleton thinks pepperoni is spicy and it ruined my afternoon???” tweeted on horrified Twitter user in response. “Are there more of you out there who truly believe this???”
See some more reactions below.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.