Joke tweets are rolling in after Trump spoke of his leadership skills and patriotism.
“I think I am a great moral leader and I love our country,” he said during a White House news conference on Wednesday after the 2018 midterm elections.
He was responding to a reporter who questioned him about the rise in instances of anti-Semitic hate crimes under his presidency.
But Trump’s statement elicited jabs from some who felt differently, tweeting as much in the form of untrue declarations of their own.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Patton Oswalt were among the fast and furious responders. “I think I can breathe underwater with my gills,” the Veep actor shared. “I think I have six pack abs,” the comedian said.
See below for a sampling of the responses from celebrities and average citizens alike.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears