Joke tweets are rolling in after Trump spoke of his leadership skills and patriotism.
“I think I am a great moral leader and I love our country,” he said during a White House news conference on Wednesday after the 2018 midterm elections.
He was responding to a reporter who questioned him about the rise in instances of anti-Semitic hate crimes under his presidency.
But Trump’s statement elicited jabs from some who felt differently, tweeting as much in the form of untrue declarations of their own.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Patton Oswalt were among the fast and furious responders. “I think I can breathe underwater with my gills,” the Veep actor shared. “I think I have six pack abs,” the comedian said.
See below for a sampling of the responses from celebrities and average citizens alike.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy