Joke tweets are rolling in after Trump spoke of his leadership skills and patriotism.
“I think I am a great moral leader and I love our country,” he said during a White House news conference on Wednesday after the 2018 midterm elections.
He was responding to a reporter who questioned him about the rise in instances of anti-Semitic hate crimes under his presidency.
But Trump’s statement elicited jabs from some who felt differently, tweeting as much in the form of untrue declarations of their own.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Patton Oswalt were among the fast and furious responders. “I think I can breathe underwater with my gills,” the Veep actor shared. “I think I have six pack abs,” the comedian said.
See below for a sampling of the responses from celebrities and average citizens alike.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive