Joke tweets are rolling in after Trump spoke of his leadership skills and patriotism.
“I think I am a great moral leader and I love our country,” he said during a White House news conference on Wednesday after the 2018 midterm elections.
He was responding to a reporter who questioned him about the rise in instances of anti-Semitic hate crimes under his presidency.
But Trump’s statement elicited jabs from some who felt differently, tweeting as much in the form of untrue declarations of their own.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Patton Oswalt were among the fast and furious responders. “I think I can breathe underwater with my gills,” the Veep actor shared. “I think I have six pack abs,” the comedian said.
See below for a sampling of the responses from celebrities and average citizens alike.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space