It’s not every day one gets to witness a proposal — but 27-year-old Jonathan Miller’s reaction to one was so good that he’s been invited to two strangers’ wedding.
Keith Houseworth proposed to his girlfriend, Panda Green, with the help of the Jumbotron at a Dallas Mavericks game on Sunday night. After he got down on one knee, the crowd in the American Airlines Center went wild, of course — and Miller couldn’t help but insert himself into the excitement.
“I’ve always had the personality that was broadcasted at the game,” Miller told TIME in an e-mail.
Green says that the couple ended up inviting Miller and his friends to their wedding, which is set take place November of 2019.
“He was an exciting [part] of our special day so we feel he needs to be invited to our big day,” Green tells TIME. Green, 20, and Houseworth, 23, actually have mutual friends with Miller.
No stranger to athletic fame, Miller played college football at the University of Oklahoma and Illinois State University. Green is currently a student athlete playing women’s basketball at the University of Dallas, where she is a junior studying history and education. Needless to say, these sporty folks probably expected to make it on ESPN and Bleacher Report for their respective goals and points, rather than a hilarious proposal video.
See some of twitter’s best reactions to Miller’s excitement below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve