Despite its controversial reputation, candy corn has become known as the de facto candy of the Halloween season. But that doesn’t mean people have stopped debating whether or not the multi-colored sugar kernels actually taste good.
In honor of this year’s National Candy Corn Day, both fans and critics alike took to Twitter on Tuesday to share their opinions on the candy that continues to divide the country. “It’s #NationalCandyCornDay?” wrote a supporter of the October 31 staple. “I don’t care what anyone says. Candy Corn is DELICIOUS.”
However, others had a strikingly different take on the matter. “I’d rather take a bite out of a scented candle than eat candy corn,” one vehement detractor tweeted.
See some more responses below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve