On Tuesday, the Blackpool Police wrote a Facebook post that encouraged their followers to come forward if they knew anything about a man who was related to a theft at a Blackpool restaurant in Sepetember. The police found out quickly, however, thanks to many enthusiastic Friends fans that the suspect also was the spitting image of Ross Geller, who was played by actor David Schwimmer during the decade-long run of the popular show.
While some of their followers humorously posited that the suspect could be Russ, Ross’ longtime doppelganger rival, others questioned where David Schwimmer was at the time of the crime. The Blackpool Police later offered the following statement via Facebook comment: “Thank you to everyone for your speedy responses. We have investigated this matter thoroughly and have confirmed that David Schwimmer was in America on this date. We’re so sorry it has to be this way.”
Schwimmer, for his part, had an Instagram that sums up his feelings about the matter.
See the full post below.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time