There’s going to be a newcomer to the British royal family: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are expecting a baby early next year, according to an announcement from Kensington Palace.
The couple, who were married in May, said they were “delighted” to share the “happy news” with the wider public in a tweet early Monday from Kensington Palace. The baby, the couple’s first, is expected in the Spring of 2019.
But before the baby, Meghan and Harry will embark on another first: their inaugural overseas trip as royalty. The couple will open the Invictus Games in Sydney, Australia this week before visiting New Zealand, Fiji and Tonga.
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll