During Wednesday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the late-night host slammed Trump for attacking Democrats over a health care proposal called Medicare for All while claiming that he kept a promise to protect coverage for those with pre-existing conditions.
“You didn’t keep that promise. That promise was forced on you because John McCain gave you the finger and so you weren’t able to not keep that promise,” Kimmel said, referencing the moment that the late Sen. McCain cast the deciding vote against the Republicans’ “skinny repeal” for the Affordable Care Act last year. “And yes, rates will go down in some states, but they would’ve gone down even further in all states if you and your buddies hadn’t spent the last year trying to cripple the plan we have now. This is like claiming you saved people from drowning after you put a hole in the side of the ship.”
Watch the full clip of Jimmy Kimmel on Trump’s healthcare op-ed below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time