During Wednesday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the late-night host slammed Trump for attacking Democrats over a health care proposal called Medicare for All while claiming that he kept a promise to protect coverage for those with pre-existing conditions.
“You didn’t keep that promise. That promise was forced on you because John McCain gave you the finger and so you weren’t able to not keep that promise,” Kimmel said, referencing the moment that the late Sen. McCain cast the deciding vote against the Republicans’ “skinny repeal” for the Affordable Care Act last year. “And yes, rates will go down in some states, but they would’ve gone down even further in all states if you and your buddies hadn’t spent the last year trying to cripple the plan we have now. This is like claiming you saved people from drowning after you put a hole in the side of the ship.”
Watch the full clip of Jimmy Kimmel on Trump’s healthcare op-ed below.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears